Tracy's Blog-Click Here
Pucker Up: Test Your Kissing Knowledge from yourtango.com
1. True or False? Kissing can cause cavities.
True. If you kiss someone who may have bad bacteria in his/her mouth, their saliva could pass the bacteria on to you, thereby causing cavities. On the other hand, others believe that kissing may actually prevent cavities since saliva is the body’s natural way of cleaning the mouth.
2. True or False? You burn 5 calories in a one-minute kiss.
False. The average one-minute kiss burns 26 calories. Kiss those calories goodbye!
3. True or False? The average woman will kiss 25 guys before she’s married.
False. Start your engines! The average woman will kiss 79 guys before she’s married.
4. The average person will spend approximately this much time kissing in their lifetime:
B) The average person will spend an estimated two entire weeks of their life kissing. That’s 20,160 minutes kissing in a lifetime.
5. 50% of all people have their first kiss before the age of...
6. True or False? Only 60% of people in the world engage in kisses on the lips.
False. Ninety percent of people in the world engage in kisses on the lips. People in other cultures, such as Eskimos, rub noses.
7. True or False? The record for kissing is held by Alfred Wolfram, who kissed 800 people in 8 hours.
False. In September 1990 Alfred Wolfram kissed 8,001 people in 8 hours — over 16 people per minute — at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.
8. What was the first film to show a couple kissing?
C) John C. Rice kissed May Irwin in 1896 and became the first couple to be recorded kissing in the film The Kiss.
9. True or False? In all countries, anyone over the age of 14 can kiss, with consent.
False. In December 2007, South Africa Banned Kissing involving anyone under the age of 16, regardless of consent.
10. Any person who kisses the Blarney Stone will be endowed with the gift of:
C) According to legend, any person who kisses the Blarney Stone in the Blarney Castle in Cork, Ireland, will be endowed with the gift of gab.